MCCLAThe Mississippi Community College Leadership Academy
What is MCCLA?
The Mississippi Community College Leadership Academy was developed in the spring of 2009 to address the projected need for upper-level leaders in the Mississippi community college system.
The MCCLA is organized around the practical needs for future community college leaders, specific to the Mississippi community college system. Consequently, much of the material presented and discussed in the Leadership Academy are relative to the operation of Mississippi’s community colleges.
Reading List for MCCLA
- The Heart of a Leader by Ken Blanchard & Sheldon Bowles
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey
- Leadership Tested: A College President’s Story by Howell C. Garner
- Leadership Provided: A Team Approach to Decision Making by Howell C. Garner
- Leadership: Lessons Learned by Howell C. Garner
- The Five Dysfunctions of a Team by Patrick Lencioni
- Leadership Gold by John C. Maxwell