MAPQSL RegistrationApply today to start the journey to School Leadership!
The application process for the MAPQSL program for candidates includes the following steps:
- Applicants should complete, sign, and submit the MAPQSL application along with the required documents listed below:
- Copy of a valid Class AA Mississippi Educator License
- Verification of teaching experience from school district or districts (minimum of 3 years)
- *Sealed transcripts for bachelor’s and master’s degrees.
*All college transcripts from all institutions must be submitted in a sealed envelope(s) bearing the seal or signature of the registrar. Do not ask the institution to mail your transcript to this office! Transcripts should be mailed to you, but do not open the sealed envelope.
- Two to four page typed essay stating personal and professional goals, intent to be a school leader, prior leadership experience in the classroom, commitment to an experience working as an advocate for children and families, and why the candidate should be selected for the MAPQSL program
- Signed Recommendation by Superintendent form (included in application packet)
- Letter of recommendation from a MS school superintendent for the district in which the applicant will be employed during the 2017-18 school year. The letter must verify the candidate’s interest in becoming a school leader and provide examples of the candidate’s leadership experiences, excellence in teaching, and commitment to students. In the letter the superintendent must also agree to provide a leadership internship of a 1000 hours for the year (or averaging 40 hours per week) with a successful district principal. The internship may include leadership team responsibilities such as a lead teacher, coach, administrative intern, or a district position. The superintendent must also state the candidate will be given consideration for an available administrative position within the district when he/she has successfully completed his/her internship and all requirements of the MAPQSL program and MDE certification requirements have been met.
- Praxis II – Original scores from Principles of Learning and Teaching – any grade level except Pre-K
- Letter of reference from the supervising principal
- Letter of reference from a professional colleague
- Letter of reference from a parent of a current or former student or a current or former student.
- Top candidates will be chosen to participate in an interview for final selection of the top 75 applicants to attend one of three regional cohorts.
- Submit a $50.00 non-refundable fee, which will be applied to the $3950.00 tuition if the applicant is selected. If selected, $2600.00 will be due by May 2, 2017. The balance of $1300.00 will be due in two installments – $650.00 by September 8, 2017 and $650.00 by November 10, 2017. All payments are to be made by cashier’s check or money order, with the applicant’s name on the “memo” line.
- The application, along with all other required documents must be submitted as a single packet to the MS Community College Foundation at the address below between October 28, 2016 and March 20, 2017. Incomplete packets will not be considered.
- Packets should be mailed or delivered to:
MS Community College Foundation / MAPQSL
Attention: Marilee Woods
1900 Lakeland Drive, #941
Jackson, MS 39216
If you are interested in the Business Track application, please call the MS Community
College Foundation at 601-321-3903