Congratulations to MAPQT Alumni ...
Mary Margaret King!
Teacher of the year for 2014
Do you have what it takes to join the Leaders?
Mississippi Alternate Path to Quality School Leadership Program (MAPQSL)
The Mississippi Community College Foundation(MCCF), is pleased to offer the Mississippi Alternate Path to Quality School Leadership Program (MAPQSL) for educators who aspire to be prepared for a leadership role in a school system in the state of Mississippi.
The MAPQSL program has been redesigned to meet new requirements by the MS Department of Education. The class beginning June 1, 2015 will be open for a total of 75 participants. The MAPQSL program is being held June 1 through June 25, 2015. MAPQSL will host classes at 2 or 3 sites at strategically located community college campuses in central, north central and south central Mississippi. The number of sites will depend upon overall enrollment.
To print an application please click on the following link. A window may appear saying word cannot start the converter, please click ok three times and the application will appear.
The deadline for application is March 16, 2015.
Please note: If you are interested in the Business Track Application, please call our office at 601-321-3903
Applicants for the MAPQSL program need to furnish the following materials to be considered for enrollment:
· A completed MAPQSL application
· Official transcripts of all college work
· Letter of recommendation from a MS school superintendent - Letter must verify the candidate's interest in becoming a school leader, and must provide examples of the candidate's leadership experiences, excellence in teaching, and commitment to students. The superintendent must agree to provide a 1000 hour internship for a period of one year with a district principal.
· Three (3) additional letters of recommendation from supervising principal, a colleague and from the parent of a current or former student
· Verification that applicant has a minimum of three (3) years teaching experience
· A two to four page typed essay stating personal and professional goals and why the candidate should be selected for the MAPQSL program
The application process is open November 3, 2014 through March 16, 2015. All application packets must be sent to the MS Community College Foundation at 1900 Lakeland Drive, # 941, Jackson, MS 39216.
Where is the training offered?
MAPQSL will host classes at 2 or 3 sites at strategically located community college campuses in central, north central and south central Mississippi. The number of sites will depend upon overall enrollment.
CRITERIA & GUIDELINES:
Applicants to the Alternate Path to Quality School Leadership program must have:
1. Masters Degree in an educational field from an Accredited Institution of Higher Learning.
2. Three (3) years teaching experience in their field.
3. Must be employed in a MS school system and have a favorable recommendation from their Superintendent.
An applicant screening team will review all applications.
Each applicant will be assessed an application fee of $50 money order or cashier's check (non-refundable) to be considered for the MAPQSL program.
Each applicant will complete a two to four page typed essay stating his/her personal/professional goals and why he/she should be selected for the MAPQSL program.
All applicants who meet the criteria on the qualification process will be interviewed. The interviews will be held in April , 2015.
The screening team will look at each applicant’s past educational record, essay, interview and strength of recommendations in considering that applicant’s suitability for admission to the MAPQSL program.
Candidates must be employed by a Mississippi school district, and the Superintendent must commit to a 1000 hour internship for the candidate for a period of one year. Candidates have a three year period to pass the School Leadership Licensure Assessment test (SLLA).
For more information contact:
Marilee Woods, Administrative Assistant, Mississippi Community College Foundation (601)321-3903 or email@example.com or
Visit the Mississippi Department of Education at www.mde.k12.ms.us and click on (Teacher Licensure) then (Alternate Route Programs) and follow the MAPQSL link.